Today we are taking a look at the other side of employee engagement. We have spoken a few times on the podcast about employee engagement, what it is, why it's important and how you can improve it. You can catch up on that episode here - Episode 3 Understanding Employee Engagement
However, we haven't before spoken about how to identify a disengaged employee and what you need to look out for. Today we take a detailed look at 7 key signs that your employee may be disengaged.Specifically we discuss:
- Changes in behaviour and routine;
- Withdrawal from social connections at work;
- Employees becoming distracted and losing focus at work;
- Missing deadlines and work quality starting to slip;
- The importance if you notice a change in their demeanor;
- Communication becoming frustrating or non existent;
- The rise in absenteeism.
So now that you know what to look out for, what should you do if you have an employee who is becoming, or already is disengaged? We have a free resource for you to point you in the right direction, 8 Ways to Increase Employee Engagement - Get your free copy here.
If you'd like to reach out to us with feedback or suggestions or ideas about future topics for the podcast you can reach us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/peoplepoweredbusiness or you can email Kristy-Lee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org